By this I mean get rid of stress. We diabetics are always told that stress is extremely bad for us as it has a nasty effect on our glucose levels and our well being. Many other people also have a need to try and reduce stress in their lives and the following is good advice for anyone and everyone. First get into a comfortable position and give it a try. It really does work wonders.
DEEP BREATHING AND VISUALISTION
1. Begin by focusing on your breathing.
2. Take a deep breath and imagine you have a balloon inside your stomach that you are trying to
inflate. As you breathe in your stomach will push out, not in. Now slowly breathe out. Keep
breathing like this.
3. Now close your eyes and picture a place that you find relaxing. It could be the beach, a bubble
bath, crisp mountain air a comfortable couch or just a relaxing favourite colour.
4. Now the next time you breathe in, breathe in those feelings of relaxation and feel the fresh, clean
air filling your body.
5. As you breathe our picture cloudy, black and smoky air leaving your body. This is your stress.
Feel it leaving your body and as you breathe in being replaced by clean, fresh air.
6. Repeat this at least ten times and see how relaxed it makes you feel.
I quoted this from the Autumn 2012 edition of Diabetes Matters published by Diabetes WA. I was also told this method of relaxation by a psychologist I had sessions with several years ago.