Tuesday, January 3, 2017

TUESDAY CHAT

Already the 3rd of the month....my how time flies!!  I think as we age time really does seem to go more rapidly and we feel we have nothing to show for its passing.


Lunch went well yesterday and I am sure everyone enjoyed themselves.  K and B gave me a frangipani in a pot (Dark Knight...a lovely deep red...see above picture) and a lovely card;  C had no idea what to get me she bought a meal she had cooked* which I thought a lovely idea and the two little girls gave me a card they had made; A and C gave me a great card with flashing lights and music as well as some chocolate.  Phil of course gave us all a delicious lunch.  We spent 2 hours really enjoying each other's company and the two little girls are so well behaved which is a credit to their mum.  They eventually played with iPads which kept them amused.  (*C bought the meal in a freezer bag and it went straight into our fridge when we got home...the meal, not the freezer bag).

It was a very hot day (37C) but tomorrow will be worse with 39C and then 38C on Wednesday.  Thankfully we get a couple of days in the high 20s before returning to the 30s again.  I am sure some of our hot weather will find its way eastwards so watch out over there and keep cool.

After we got home Phil and I just relaxed which we seem inclined to do more as we age.  Tonight we watched two extremely interesting documentaries on SBS....one about the 3 royal cousins leading up to WW1 and then a second doco about the mother of Prince Philip.  We had no knowledge about this lady and a more fascinating story I've not heard before.   She was a woman whom I am sure her son would be very proud, and his wife too, our Queen Elizabeth.

I have been saddened to hear that our queen is ill with this dreadful cold she contracted just before Christmas.  Not to attend either the Christmas or New Year church services is so unlike her and I imagine her medical people are keeping her quiet and looking after her really well.   My thoughts are with her and her family at this worrying time.  When you are 90, as our queen is, to be ill can be very serious.

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful plant! You are fortunate to have such loving people around you!
    Sorry to hear about the queen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for mine to flower and yes, I am fortunate. It is a small family but there is always love when we are together.
      We constantly hope to hear our dear queen is recovering from her illness.

      Delete
  2. I am so glad to hear that your birthday celebrations were lovely. I have never seen a frangipani in that colour - gorgeous.
    Take it as quietly as you can in the forthcoming heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and until I joined Frangipani friends of Perth I had no idea of the range of colours.
      40C today but with the airconditioning I hardly notice it. More heat tomorrow and I am sure it must arrive with you before too long.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you had a great birthday. Take care in the heat! As I look at the 4-5 inches of snow that fell, I am dreaming of gardening :)
    (If the snow ever melts)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am not venturing even my nose outside the door and our cat is fast asleep on a chair near my desk. We have water in the bird bath in the garden for any birds that need a drink.
      How I would love some snow, even just a half inch. This 104F is a bit much for most of us.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday, and that frangipani is so gorgeous! I would be admiring it all day long.
    The one good thing about the coming heat is I can get all my bedding washed and hung out in the sun for that lovely fresh sunshiney smell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks River. I only showed the flower so we all know what it will be like when mine actually does flower. It appears to have buds so am hopeful.
      I wouldn't even venture out to hang anything on the line today as I feel it would frizzle up. You could fry an egg on the path outside. Phew!

      Delete