Saturday, January 21, 2017

THINKING ALLOWED

Well he's now in the Oval Office and the world awaits wondering what fun and games we can look forward to over the next several months.  Enough said about that.

Just for fun I thought I'd pop in this picture of our beautiful kangaroo paw, our state floral emblem.


We had a particularly quiet week as no appointments and no callers and yet probably achieved far less than we should have done.  Sometimes one needs incentive to get things going and when we feel comfortable the way we are it is not conducive to achieving much.  Something to do with old age  perhaps?  I am sure if I could get around OK we would do much more but I tend to feel a burden if we go out anywhere so we stay home.  The weather was up and down being in the mid 30s and the high 20s.  Not one drop of rain has fallen so far this year and everything is looking so dry.  Keeping the garden going is difficult with our rigid watering restrictions.  Even people with bores can only use them 3 days a week, without them 2 days a week using sprinklers.  Hand watering is permitted of course.

We felt for the people in New South Wales who had lost their homes to bushfires and the heat they've endured as well.  Hot days with high winds push those fires into becoming wild fires and nothing in their path stands a chance.  South Australia also had high temperatures....we send it to them from here....and Canberra seemed hotter to me than usual.   I always think of River and EC when I see the temperatures they are experiencing.  Keep cool ladies.

 I won't mention bushfires in WA in case I tempt the hand of fate and we've still got some months to go before we could even begin to think we are safe.  Our heat tends to continue right into April and even May so you can imagine, with very little rain, how dry our state becomes.

Guess that's it for this Saturday.....nothing of note to report.....enjoy your weekend.  😊


8 comments:

  1. Love the kangaroo paw.
    And yes, we have been hotter than usual. Several days in the high thirties. With high humidity. And no rain.
    Have as good a weekend as you can. Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hot again in Perth so not much being done. Am so behind with the blogging business I feel quite ashamed. Hope to catch up soon.

      Delete
  2. That Kangaroo Paw is so beautiful, I have never seen one before. You are so lucky to have suck beauty around you.
    So sorry about the heat and drought - we had a rain shortage and fires here ourselves, last summer. Hoping for rain for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We in Western Australia are very proud of our wildflower. Even D H Lawrence who was not fond of Australia wrote praising the wildflowers of the sunny west.

      Delete
  3. I love your kangaroo paw! I planted a few of those red and green ones, but none survived the first year.
    Nice to hear you relaxing, doing nothing much at all. I plan a weekend just like that, after a week where I had to be out and about every single day. Our heat has been dry so far, no humidity except a few minutes after rain one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried to grow the red and green paws without success but the bush kangaroo paws are much easier to grow.

      Delete
  4. I find the weather far too unpredictable these days. Cold one day, hot the next. Climate Change is why I think.

    Your Kangaroo Paw is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the climate is certainly doing something strange and I am sure we are partly responsible.
      Our paws are rather nice. :)

      Delete