Wednesday, July 13, 2011

OUR FEATHERED FRIENDS ARE BACK AGAIN

I wonder if any of you remember me writing about first twenty eight parrots and then pink and grey galahs nesting in a large tree near our local post office.

We stopped to collect our mail on the way home this morning and lo and behold there was a 28 parrot on that same tree. I didn't have time to take a proper look but it would seem they are nesting there again although I thought it perhaps a little early in the year for that. Maybe the 28s want to make sure of their territory before the galahs arrive.

Next time we go to the post office I must remember to have my camera with me to see if I can perhaps get a photo of the bird/s.

It is just so lovely to see them persevering with living in such close proximity to we humans.

2 comments:

  1. I'd never heard of 28 parrots before. I just Googled them to see what they were. I've learnt something new today...thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome Thea. We live and learn all the time and, as in my own case, we are never too old to do so.

    ReplyDelete