Tuesday, December 25, 2018

MERRY CHRISTMAS

As Christmas Day falls on a Tuesday I am combining season's greetings with Tuneful Tuesday.  I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas with friends and loved ones.  We will miss our #1 granddaughter CB, her hubby and their two little girls on Christmas Day but will be thinking of them enjoying a snowy Christmas in New Jersey with C's sister (our #3 granddaughter) and family.

Phil and I will be spending Christmas with our daughter and son-in-law at #2 granddaughter's home with her daughter and our #1 grandson.  It is going to be a hot 35C (95F) so a cold meal with all the trimmings and hopefully an airconditioner that will keep us all cool while we enjoy being together.



Thinking of a good old Christmas favourite and came up with Bing Crosby's version sung in 1942.  I doubt any Christmas goes by when people are not playing this one.  I was 10 when this record was made.

My daughter and I always say we would love to have a white Christmas, which is of course impossible in Perth, but at least Karen spent an early Christmas in the snow when they were with their daughter in New Jersey in November.





6 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Sending Love and Blessings to you and Phil, dear Mimsie... enjoy your Christmas with your family and I hope the heat doesn't wilt you! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a wonderful afternoon and managed to keep cool and enjoy a great lunch with trimmings. Trust you day was enjoyable too. xx

      Delete
  2. We may not have snowy white Christmases, but we certainly do get white hot Christmases.
    Have a wonderful day with your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're spot on there River but it was pretty cool over all. Karen picked us up and Aimee drove us home and when you realise we are about 25+km from their homes I thought it really great of them to do it. I also think it made it a much more enjoyable day for Phil. Altho' he still drives well those distances can be long for an 89 year old.

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas Mimsie. I hope your day with the family is blissful (and cool). We are heading for 35 tomorrow and 39 by the end of the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you EC and our day was pretty perfect. Missed the little girls but great to see our grandson whom we seldom see. I see the heat is moving east and ours is cooling for a while. We've had 3 centuries so far this summer and I am sure there are more 30s coming our way soon.

      Delete