Sunday, December 2, 2018

BIRTHDAY GREETINGS

To day my wonderful hubby turns 89.  Yes, 89.   No...neither he nor I can believe it but 89 it is for sure.  We even checked his birthday certificate.  Well no, not really.

I think I've told you, apart from immediate small family, we only have each other and yet are content. I know he would do many more things if it wasn't for me holding him back.  I am finding it difficult to walk any distance and am nor able to stand for more than a few minutes and I feel bad but he never complains and is always there for me.  He just now brought in a basket of clean washing off the line and he was the one who hung it out as well.

All I can say is I hope he has a very happy birthday. We are going to our eldest granddaughter's for afternoon tea and it will be lovely to see her, her hubby and the two little girls again.  It seems so long since we last saw them as they have been busy and we were ill and then they also had illnesses as well.   Once families all seemed to live in the same suburb, within walking distance almost. but now all of us seem to live at least 25 miles apart which makes it difficult to just pop in for a cuppa.

We are also glad that the four family members who went to the US of A are safely home.  Can't wait to hear all about their adventures.s

Happy birthday Philip.......have a great day and a good year to follow leading up to your 90th.



There were times years ago when we were able to do what the couple in the picture are doing.  Now we just love to sit and watch others enjoying themselves and remember.

8 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    Sending best wishes to you Phil, via your lovely Mimsie - thanks for sharing her with us!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yam for your good wishes which I have passed on t the man himself. xx

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday Phil! I hope you get some cake. I love the sentiment on that card :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phil says thank you for your good wishes The sentiment on the card was exactly what I wanted to say. :)

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday Phil! I hope you both have a lovely day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A quite day but an enjoyable one with calls from family members. I have passed on your good wishes for which many thanks.

      Delete
  4. A very, very Happy Birthday to Phil. I hope the day is wonderful for you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks EC from Phil. It has been quieter than we expected as the afternoon tea had to be cancelled as granddaughter and her 2 girls were both ill. Bad news as they fly out for the US on Wednesday Hoping they all recover in timel

      Delete