Sunday, March 27, 2016

SOMETHING RATHER DIFFERENT No 6

I may have posted this poem in the last year or two but I still find the words in it are so true.  Do we stop frequently enough to 'smell the roses' and see the beautiful things around us?

LEISURE by W.H. Davies

What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare?
No time to stand beneath the boughs and stare as long as sheep and cows.
No time to seem when woods we pass, where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.
No time to see, in broad daylight, streams full of stars, like skies at night.
No time to turn at beauty's glance, and watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can enrich that smile her eyes began,
A poor life this if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare.


6 comments:

  1. Lovely.
    For all my many faults I am an appreciator and do (I think) usually stop to smell the roses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know without doubt how much you observe in yous busy life, but there are many that don't bother to stop these days and they know not what they are missing.

      Delete
  2. I don't recall this poem, so I think this is the first time you've posted it.
    I've always found time to stop and look, stop and smell the roses. I'm not a 'headlong rush' type of person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it being a poem I've always loved I thought I maybe had posted it previously.
      I find such delight in things around me and yet I know for sure there are many who don't bother. I pity them as there is just so much to see, hear etc. in this wonderful world of ours.

      Delete
  3. Hari OM
    This is a delightful poem and well worth revisiting over and over!!! Blessed Easter to you both... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you enjoy this poem as much as I do Yamini.
      Hope your Easter has been an enjoyable and happy one. xx

      Delete