Lots of thinking been going on of late about so many things but at last everything seems to be falling into place. Looking back on the past week has come up with many good things so smiles all round right now.
1. Phil had a tooth break a couple of months back and went to the dental clinic earlier this month for a checkup. He now has an appointment on 5 June so that is "right" for him. We are so fortunate in not having to pay for dental care as it is subsidised by our state government and the balance is paid by HBF (our private health insurer).
2. I recently had a tooth come off my top plate and fortunately was able to see a dentist at the clinic same day as Phil. I now have appointment for 10 June when hopefully they can fix that missing tooth or reline my bottom plate for me or something. I have strong hair, bones and nails but my teeth were chalky and just didn't last the distance by many, many years. It will be a 'right' it they can do something to make my mouth more comfortable in future. Teeth seem to cause trouble for some people from when they begin to 'come through' as a baby and even still do after they've gone.
3. Phil had a liver scan following his chest x-ray but all is well so whatever the 'spot' was is nothing to worry about so another 'right' for us there.
4. We are still getting lots of rain and that is a big 'right' for all of us over here but boy are the weeds loving it. Showing their appreciation all over the garden and our 'man' didn't turn up last week with his whipper snipper so the garden is well and truly green but not the green we really want although the lawn is growing again so I guess we can't complain. Heard on the news last night that Perth has had more than its average autumn rainfall so far which is great. It will be officially winter here next Sunday, 1st June, with slightly higher than normal temperatures forecast, both minimum and maximum, which will be interesting. I prefer colder weather but others don't so at least that news should make them happy.
5. Darling daughter tells me she has lost even more weight which is a big 'right' for her and for us as we always love to see her doing well.
6. A visit to Jenny (physio) this week really helped my left shoulder and ribs on that side so a lot of the ache has gone from that area which is a relief. It hurt like crazy (tears in eyes this time) but as they say 'no pain, no gain' and in this case that was very true. Lots more work to be done on other areas but gently does it and I definitely will try to move more, hurt or not hurt. I must do it. I really must.
7. As I told you yesterday, I really enjoyed our afternoon out and that 'right' had me feeling great for the rest of the day and has followed me into today so still smiling. Simple pleasures are always good.
8. The clock is still gently ticking this morning so now I have to try and get the key to turn so I can wind it up when it stops. It has even given a little 'chime' occasionally but that probably also needs winding up. When I first tried the hands wouldn't move but they are turning now after some gentle persuasion. Seems a tiny thing but, in my life, something like that is quite momentous and very 'right'. More smiles there too.
9. .....and at last. The new carpet will be laid on 4th June!!! That is the 'right' we've been waiting for and now it is actually going to happen. Phil managed to get some boxes so now we have to pack up our books and other items and on 3rd June move out the small furniture to be ready for the men who I am told will be here between 10am and noon which is a good time for us.
As you can see it has been a much better week all round and I am determined not to get 'down' again like I did recently. I hope your week has treated you well