Tuesday, November 13, 2018

HOW ABOUT SOME MORE MUSIC? TUNEFUL TUESDAY??

In the past I posted selections of music that I had found on YouTube and when I am using my computer I often listen to music at the same time.  I have a very wide taste in music from rock and roll to classical so you are likely to find some surprises among my selections in the future.

Do any of you ever watch the English edition of Pointless?  I really enjoy it but have to admit the cheaper edition they have now playing on Oz TV is really dreadful.  Anyway, getting back to the English programme, the presenter is Alexander Armstrong and the brainy fellow is Richard Osman.  I had put Pointless in YouTube to watch an episode and discovered that Alexander Armstrong has a great singing voice.   "Without a Song" is a favourite of mine and I think Alexander sings it very beautifully.  I wonder what you think.   Perry Como also does a pretty fair rendition of this song as do so many other artists.

Here now is Alexander Armstrong and his rendition of one of my favourite songs:  Enjoy.


8 comments:

  1. I do like the English version of Pointless - and agree wholeheartedly about the travesty that the Australian version is.
    And I never would have thought Alexander's voice was like that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just cannot watch the Aussie version of Pointless and likewise our version of The Chase. Brad Walsh is a good compere of the English Chase but Andrew O'Keefe is too full of himself. I also find in both Aussie shows there is insufficient detail about the contestants. I really enjoy the way Alexander and Richard talk to their contestants and have a joke with them and with each other.
      I too was amazed with Xander's voice.

      Delete
  2. Hari Om
    What makes Pointless worth the watching at all is the presence of Xander and Rich!!! Alexander actually trained as an opera singer and that would have been his career had comedy and actig not gotten in the way... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely those two fellows ARE the show although I enjoy the way they draw the contestants into the fun.
      I read up quite a bit about Xander and apparently he sung in a choir for many years. He sings lots of songs of praise and although I don't think he is fanatically religious I feel he does have his own beliefs.
      I saw an interview with him recently and when asked if he could only do one job he considered the question for a moment and said Pointless would be it. I saw on YouTube their 1000th show. We are still on reruns of reruns from way back in 2014 which is annoying. xx

      Delete
  3. I've never watched Pointless nor heard of Alexander Armstrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The English version of Pointless is excellent and if you enjoy quiz shows (which we do) it is on Channel 2 latish afternoon over here so probably the same in Adelaide.
      As you can see from EC's answer she watches Pointless and Yam also enjoys Xander and Rich on Pointless.
      I don't think Alexander's CDs sell here in Australia but the thing is....did you enjoy the song?

      Delete
  4. I must admit that I do not watch pointless but I do love 'The Chase'. I have to agree with you that alexander has a lovely voice.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you would enjoy the British Pointless as the 2 presenters make it quite amusing with their brilliant repartee.
      Glad you enjoyed the music. xx

      Delete