Sunday, September 24, 2017

THINKING BACK OVER THE YEARS

Sixty years ago today my son Steven was born at exactly 5 minutes to midnight.  He weighed 6lb 5oz and spent his first two days on earth in a humid crib.  He was an 8 months baby and to make sure his lungs worked OK and a humid crib was free the medical staff decided to be sure rather than sorry. After several months he began to thrive and became a happy, healthy boy.  This photo in his pram was taken in the summer of 1957/58.


I look back on that day because today he is sixty years old.  Unfortunately I will not see him or be able to wish him happy birthday as 15 years ago he chose to divorce himself from not only me but all the family including his dad, his sister and her family and of course Phil and me.

All I can do is silently send him my love and best wishes for a very happy 60th birthday and many more happy years to follow.   Happy birthday Steve. xx

8 comments:

  1. Oh Mimsie. This must be so very hard for you. Sending hugs. And birthday wishes for Steve. And birthing day wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    He knows your love... just some switch got flicked and service was interrupted. Hugs to you for remembering. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry Mimsie.
    I hope someday, he changes his mind and will speak to you, and the rest of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry, Mimsie. Some things just don't make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish Steven a happy birthday and hope that he thinks of you at least sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stuff happens. He was a cute baby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sad to hear of this estrangement. Maybe he will contact you one day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice article great post comment information thanks for sharing.
    ผลบอล

    ReplyDelete