Saturday, September 23, 2017

BEST LAID PLANS AND ALL THAT!

This is becoming quite hilarious.  Yesterday I had a call from Karen telling me C and her family are all down with this 'flu thing again!!  Next weekend is out as the AFL Grand Final is on the Saturday and Immy has dancing on the Sunday.

Karen has suggested the following fortnight weekend which will be the 14th or 15th of October nearly a full month after our actual anniversary date.   C had asked to please make it so all the family can be there so I told Karen we are happy whatever the date.

It has now been arranged that Karen and B will take us to lunch this Monday holiday which sounded a great idea to Phil and me so Karen will book and we'll spend a nice couple of hours with them then.

Just to change the topic....we have daisies similar to this (some are white with blue centres) coming up all around our front garden.   I planted 3 daisy bushes about 20+ years ago and even since we've been rewarded with these beautiful flowers.  This spring there seem to be more than usual.


Here is something right out of left field.   Had a call from Karen last evening to ask if I was OK.  Yes, I told her I was fine.....the team I like was winning the game and we were also watching an English show about trains which is always interesting.  I love to see the beautiful English countryside.  Now you are wondering why I got this call from Karen.  It seems she had just received a call from her daughter in New Jersey (our #3 granddaughter) saying she had a text from her that in a dream I had been taken ill with either heart or B/P problems.   "Please" said B "check if grandma is OK".  How wonderful that someone should care that much.  Thank you B for your love.  This is a photo of the 3 of us taken in Karen's back garden several years ago.  B does make us both look short!!!!


Phil and I are now looking forward to lunch on Monday and our w/a celebrations in October....all going well that is.

4 comments:

  1. Love that beautiful photo of the three of you. And am not in the slightest bit surprised that your family cares about you.
    Have a lovely lunch and a wonderful anniversary celebration - whenever it happens.
    Love your daisies. We have been so very dry that ours are not doing well this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    It's called extending the fun! It's your 50th after all, who not let it run a bit overtime? &*> ... and yes, it wonderful that you are being loved and remembered and cared for - really one ought not to doubt these things, but it is always affirming to be reminded so firmly!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a lot of "flu" going around and I wonder if perhaps it is a bad pollen reaction instead as the pollen levels have been very high. On the other hand there is a true flu epidemic, or maybe epidemic is too strong a word, but there have been deaths of elderly people in hospitals.
    So please, all of you take care. And have a wonderful lunch celebration. I like the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You gave a good example of why I don't make plans.

    Your daisies are gorgeous! I don't believe I've ever seen any with blue centers. Nice pic.

    Nice picture of you guys with B and wonderful to be so loved!

    ReplyDelete