Sunday, May 1, 2016

SOMETHING A LITTLE DIFFERENT No 10

Another silly little poem from way back and I am sure it doesn't apply to anyone here:

I dreamed of Heaven the other night, and Heaven's gate swung wide.
With kindly grace an angel welcomed me and ushered me inside.
There to my astonishment stood folk I'd known on earth;
Some I'd known and labelled as unfit and of little worth.
Indignant words rose to my lips, but never were set free
For every face showed stunned surprise.....on-one had expected me!!

10 comments:

  1. LOL -- Too funny and sometimes true, for them to be "there" too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you saw the humour in this one Kim. :)

      Delete
  2. How true it is. And a bit sad. We are ALL to quick to judge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a lot of truth in what you say EC.

      Delete
  3. when I get up there I'll be surprised if my mum is there; she spent a lot of time saying she'd be left in limbo because God doesn't want her and neither does the devil. (because she's too hard to get on with I suppose)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of people probably feel like that too. Me? No feelings one way or the other.

      Delete
  4. Hari Om
    Heheh, in irreverence lies the lesson! Good one Mimsie. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. .. I love your little poem .... makes me think.. :) :)

    ReplyDelete