Monday, December 9, 2019

A BIG CELEBRATION

It is almost a year since I blogged so it's a fair chance nobody will see this but just in case:

On Monday 2nd December Phil celebrated his 90th birthday.  He was a little wary leading up to the big day but once it arrived he lifted his spirits and all was well again.

The family gave him a lovely day at granddaughter Aimee's new home with lots of food and good cheer.  Christie took this picture of the two of us with 3 of our great-granddaughters...Caitlyn who is now 23, Imogen who is 11 and Ava who is 7.



Karen collected us and Aimee drove us home which enabled Phil to have a couple of drinks.  Actually he and I shared 2 cans of Kilkenny ale which is the only beer type drink I like.  I think Phil would have been OK to drive but it was nice for him not to have to drive the distance.  All 3 families live at least a 45 minute drive from us.  There are so many new suburbs opening south of the Swan River that what were once quick journeys are now quite slow with lots more traffic and, of course, traffic lights.

Not sure I have any news as we seldom do anything apart from family birthdays etc and lots of medical appointments of one type or another.  Our doctor of many years closed his one man practice last December as he said under the Medicare scheme it was no longer viable for him to operate on his own.  He has joined a practice some 30 or more minutes drive from our place so yours truly set about finding a new doctor on the internet.  It took me a while but I finally found a gentleman that sounded just right for us.  My choice was excellent and one of his interested is geriatrics and he certainly does his best to look after us.  It is only about 10-15 minutes to drive to the surgery which suits us fine.

Those that know about these things have forecast Perth to have a long and hot summer this year and so far they have been very right.  We've already had a couple of centuries and more heat is forecast for this coming week culminating in 41C (105F) next Saturday.  I am not a lover of summer but I guess we have to grin and bear it while not baring too much.  I often wonder how we managed prior to having air-conditioning in our cars and homes.  Maybe we were made of sterner stuff back in the day!

I hope all my blogging mates are doing OK and I guess are busy making plans for the coming festive season.

Will I be back?  Not sure but just had to tell you about Phil and his big day.  Bye for now.

3 comments:

  1. Bravo! Lovely post and family!!

    Happy Birthday 🎁🎂🎈 to Phil.

    Post on my dear!

    ReplyDelete