Friday, November 4, 2011

MOTHER LOVE

I often think of my mum (the one that adopted me when I was very tiny) and also the one that gave birth to me and was forced to give me up.  To have been so fortunate in being adopted by a wonderful couple was I think perhaps more than I deserved.  I hope I never really let them down and I will always be grateful for their love and care.  Thinking about this today reminded me of a verse in Mother's Day card I received some time back and I would like to share it with you.

Mums always show their caring in so many different ways
By giving warm encouragement, support and words of praise.
They give their understanding and they take the time to share
Warm moments of companionship that show how much they care.
Mums always give a special gift that really stands above
Any other gift in life - the priceless gift of love.

My real mother of course was never given the opportunity to do any of the above and I feel so sad that she was denied this.  My 'other mother', although she had not given birth, had the pleasure of being able to do all the above for her chosen daughter and she did it without reserve of any kind.

My only hope is that I too have been a reasonably good mum to my children (and grandmother to my grandchildren as well) and have managed to instill in them the values I hold dear and that were taught to me.  To my way of thinking one of the most important of all these beliefs is to endeavour always to treat others as you'd like them to treat you.  If you can do that throughout your life you will cause little deliberate hurt and hopefully not be hurt by others.

As usual, I hope everyone out there in blog land is keeping well and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment