Saturday, March 16, 2013

SUNSHINE ON SATURDAY

After yesterday's whinging blog and after receiving such wonderful encouragement from friends who visit me here I decided I had to cheer up and I found these two quotes which I think cover it all:

"Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."  (Marcel Proust)

Thank you for boosting my flagging spirits.  I am always so grateful to you for doing that.

"Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to work and to play and to look at the stars." (Henry Van Dyke).





Of course one must be glad of life as it does give us all the chance to indulge ourselves in that which we enjoy even if it is rather limited as we grow older.  To be alive is good and today I feel so much more alive than I did yesterday.


Thank you again for being just who you are...wonderful friends.

6 comments:

  1. You're very welcome and I'm glad you're feeling a little cheerier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, somewhat happier today although right now my local football team (East Perth) is getting thrashed by their arch rivals (West Perth). Still, it's only the beginning of the footy season so plenty of time to make amends. Have to remember "it's only a game."

      Delete
  2. And I am also very glad you are feeling a little better. The Marcel Proust quote is a stunner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks EC, I certainly am. Yes I thought that quote excellent. It really says it all doesn't it? I think the love you and I have for plants ties right in with it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There you go. We all have our dumpy days but it is SO good to start feeling happy again isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, it sure is Delores. Perhaps putting into words how I was feeling yesterday helped in the healing process but most of all I think the kind word from my blogging friends. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete