Friday, October 10, 2014

A PHOTO A DAY........number SIX

On a happier note than the first three photos, this is Phil's cousin Mollie (the lass I hope you saw in photos 1 and 5) on her father's arm on her wedding day, 17th January, 1953.   Her dad was Phil's Uncle Charles (brother of Phil's father).


When I look at the photo of Phil's Uncle Charles I can see a strong family likeness.  I feel that Mollie more resembles her mother.  I am only sorry I never got to meet any of his family but we were never able to afford a trip to England.  I have, however, spoken to both Mollie and her husband Leslie on the telephone and it was great to hear their voices.  They are two wonderful people and still so happy together after 61 years.

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely photo! A beautiful bride and her proud father.
    I remember for my wedding my dad got a new set of false teeth so he would look good in the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They both look happy and love the story about your dad and his new teeth.

      Delete
  2. She certainly looked happy on her wedding day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she did and he looked the proud father too.

      Delete
  3. Hari OM
    Oh yes, a genuinely happy smile there! Uncle looks very handsome. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete