Monday, April 14, 2014

I LAUGHED AND LAUGHED AND LAUGHED

It may even have been a touch of hysteria!!  As you know we over here in the western part of this great island have been wanting rain badly since early November.  In that time, at our own place, we have had about 10mm, no more.  Occasionally, the Bureau hints at the chance of showers which I think is done to stop us all from becoming ultra-depressed by this long, long hot summer.  Some areas have had some worthwhile showers but they've been very few and far between.

Today I checked the forecast for the coming week and Wednesday's forecast really had be in stitches.  It read:

"The chance of showers before sunrise."

Now they are promising us a chance of showers that will possibly fall in that wonderful place 'somewhere' before most of us are out of bed so we probably wouldn't know if there was any precipitation or not.

I just had to share this 'cos I couldn't keep it to myself.  : )

9 comments:

  1. It's raining here...I wish I could send you some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you have rain and not snow now Delores which must be an improvement.
      Wish we could do a deal and exchange rain for sunshine but unfortunately we can't. What a wonderful dream!

      Delete
  2. "A chance of showers before sunrise" ! Oh my how precise of them! -chuckle- I wish I could send you some of the deluge we had on Sunday as cyclone Ita passed by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of friends in Queensland and glad you are OK but not overcome by that deluge of water.
      I am definitely not getting up before sunrise to see something which I doubt will happen. : )

      Delete
  3. Hari OM
    Oh weathermen.... they've been gettting it totally wrong over this side of the globe too, only in the opposite way! And the laugh? Yesterday they gave in and advertised rain, again... but have been basking in sunshine all day!!!! Glad you ARE laughing Mimsie, even a tad maniacally... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, there is definitely a little bit of maniacal laughter to be heard each day when I read the weather forecast.
      We often joke that they looked out the wrong window before doing the weather forecast or hit the wrong number on the dart board.
      They put a man on the moon which hopefully didn't rely on weather forecasting. xx

      Delete
  4. I am so sorry. Our weather boffins are also strangers to the truth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The world over it would seem. At least today is only 25ºC which is a relief. Perhaps the old bushmen's tale will come true and the weather will break by the second Sunday after Easter. Fingers crossed. : )

      Delete
  5. The trouble with showers is, any rain that lasts less than ten minutes is classified a shower, so it can be anything from nine minutes of rain or just thirty seconds to be classed as a shower. If you get the thirty seconds while you are asleep, you'll be hearing about overnight showers, which is really unfair of Mother Nature when you've been waiting so long.

    ReplyDelete