Sunday, December 18, 2016

SOMETHING A LITTLE DIFFERENT

With all the rush (not me...I never rush...just feel as though I am) leading up to Christmas I've not had time to find another little poem so here's a bit more rubbish from years ago.....I think, once again, this came form Philip.

THE ELEPHANT IS A DAINTY BIRD
IT FLITS FROM BOUGH TO BOUGH;
IT LAYS ITS EGGS IN A PEANUT SHELL
AND WHISTLES LIKE A COW.

To add to the Christmas silliness....do you know what a MUGWUMP is?  It's a creature that sits on the fence with its mug on one side and its wump on the other.

If I suddenly find I have no blogger friends left I'll understand why.  Cheers.


8 comments:

  1. Big smiles. And memories. My father used to talk about the elephant as a dainty bird...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel that little ditty is quite old but it's always good for a smile.

      Delete
  2. Hee Hee Hee! You are mighty cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheerful has to be the order of the day a this time of year, otherwise..............

      Delete
  3. I've heard of Mugwump, but never knew what it was. I love the little poem, that's very funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be able to enlighten you as to what a mugwump is.

      Delete
  4. Hari OM
    Nothing wrong with a bit of nonsense at this time of year; it brought out a smile, yes it brought on the cheer! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nonsense a this time of year that helps get me through it all. I'm actually getting a little too old to cope with it all but love being with family in Christmas Day. xx

      Delete