Friday, December 2, 2016

A BIRTH DATE

Today my husband Phil is 87.  He told me last night he was born at 11am GMT so it's not really his birthday until 7pm Perth time.   I told him we'd go by GMT so we could celebrate his birthday all day.



We are having a very quiet day and #2 granddaughter will pick us up at 5.15pm to go to Steel Tree in Baldivis for dinner with our little family.   Phil has his VIP voucher so his meal will be free which is a terrific birthday gift from Steel Tree.  With Aimee giving us a ride it also means that Phil can have a couple of glasses of wine should he choose to do so.

Our family is of course much smaller than it once was.   With son cancelling all communication with us nearly 16 years ago we don't see him, his wife or his two children (who are now adults).  #3 granddaughter lives in New Jersey with her partner and #1 grandson works on Friday nights and weekends.

Nevertheless, the remaining 9 of us will make Phil feel special this evening.  I told him just now that I am so glad he turned 87 today as it means we are still together and he seconded that.   I am now looking forward to being 85 in a month's time so we can have another family celebration.  With these 2 birthdays and Christmas, December and January become real family times that continue on with #1 granddaughter having a birthday on 31st January, her oldest daughter in February and her youngest in April.  My only regret is that it all happens during hot weather but then I guess we can't have everything we want.







8 comments:

  1. A very happy birthday to Phil. I hope your night out is WONDERFUL.
    We have a lot of birthdays between now and the end of January too. Then a gap and some more in March.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Message passed on and thanks.
      It is a bad time for birthdays and we have very few in the middle of the year. Bad planning I think.

      Delete
  2. Hari om
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY PHIL... THANKS FOR SHARING MIMSIE WITH US!!! Have a fab time you two. Huggies, YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Message passed on and I think Phil is very patient about the time I spend on my computer but then he has his books and music and at least we are not in each other's pockets all day and night. xx

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday Phil! Hope you have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and message given. We did have a really enjoyable time.

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday, Phil! Enjoy your special time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and message passed on. Phil said this morning that he felt very loved by all last night and I was so glad for him.

      Delete