Saturday, November 26, 2016

THINKING ALLOWED

Not been doing a lot of thinking....aloud or otherwise....'cos it's been bleedin' hot in Perth....36C yesterday and forecast 37C today.  It will cool down a little during the week but I'd hoped next Friday would be cool as it's Phil's birthday and we are taking the family to dinner to celebrate.  Hopefully the airconditioning will be working at Steel Trees.  I remember one very warm day last year when it had failed and we were fortunate to be sitting next to one of those 'on the wall' aircons.  The rest of the restaurant was very warm indeed.

Phil has been taking the Crestor (for his cholesterol) for a while now and I've not heard any complaints at all so obviously it suits him.  People do complain that cholesterol lowering drugs can cause muscle aches and pains and my doctor swapped me over the Crestor a few years back.  My only muscle problem is the one caused by the arthritis in my back and neck so hopefully Phil won't have any side effects.  I guess, as with most medications only time will tell.

The family has decided to do Secret Santa again this year but they've reduced the amount to $50 per person.  It is quite a good idea as you receive a list from one of the family members and then buy something of their choice to a total of $50.   You wrap them items up and supposedly the receiver is not supposed to know who bought the gift/s.   It does save a lot of thought about 'what shall I buy so and so?"   Last year we didn't do Secret Santa and just gave gifts to the 3 youngsters.   This year I thought maybe they'd decide to do that but no, Secret Santa it is going to be.  Trouble is Phil and I can't think of anything we want.  I guess at our age there's very little we need but I am hoping we can think of something as K needs the lists this weekend so she can email them out.


8 comments:

  1. I am glad that the medication is agreeing with Phil. Fingers and toes crossed for a cooler day for his birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems next Friday could be about 29C which is bearable.
      Appreciated your comment as know this is a difficult time for you. hugs

      Delete
  2. Hari OM
    I am thinking that as it is getting hotter with you it is getting exponentially cooler with us... Oh for the median!!! Christmas... it's all too close! Hold it back for a while and enjoy the upcoming birthday you two... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always wish for a happy medium when it comes to weather. There are places that would suit me in Oz or NZ but too far for family to visit which is a pity.
      Christmas organised and now birthday boy's day to enjoy.
      Keep warm xx

      Delete
  3. Perhaps you could select a few books you want and your secret Santa could choose from them, or maybe dvds to watch.
    I've bought a gift for the three year old, but everyone else is just getting a card. There's so many of them, I can't afford gifts for all and giving a gift to a select few would be upsetting for the rest, so cards it is. I'm not even doing gift cards this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I chose a DVD (Poldark series 2) and a book. Phil a wine pump and a voucher to go with it.
      I think this will be our last SS year with gifts just for the 3 kids in 2017 and a family get-together which to me is the most important part of the festive season and watching the littlies opening gifts.

      Delete
  4. I wouldn't mind one day in Perth - just to remind me how hot summer can be.
    Good that the Crestor is working fin for Phil.
    Ugh, Christmas shopping. Your secret Santa sounds like a fairly good idea, but I, too, can't think of anything that I would want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd have loved the weekend here then...sooooo hot.
      Our SS lists sent in and now just Phil's birthday to organise...a meal out for 10 and it's all taken care of.

      Delete