Friday, November 18, 2016

FRIDAY FAVOURITES

I am sure all Australians would remember the Don Lane Show....you know the fellow we called the Lanky Yankee?  He came to mind the other day so I searched YouTube and found him doing this rendition of Seventy Six Trombones.  I thought he did extremely well and it was good to see Bert Newton and his wife Pattie and a couple of other well known faces from 'back in the day'   This takes a while but I am hoping you will be patient and enjoy it with me.


7 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how a person can remember all the words to a song that you haven't heard for years?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, somewhere in the dark recesses of our memory....there are the words you'd forgotten you knew.

      Delete
  2. Hari OM
    Crikey, the Bert Newton show with DL... flashbacks!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, actually it WAS the Don Lane Show and Bert was always on it as sort of fall guy and emcee.
      Those were the days when there was no bad language and just a lot of fun. xx

      Delete
    2. Hari OM
      Oh yes; mental block there... but yes, good clean fun! Yxx

      Delete
  3. That was really bright and cheery, I've seen it done on a movie, but can't remember which one.
    I remember The Don Lane Show, but I don't remember that particular episode, I would have remembered the song for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought Don Lane did a wonderful job...he was so talented.

      Delete