Thursday, April 4, 2013

A-Z #18 (R)

R is for ROSE (n. any of the wild or cultivated, usually prickly-stemmed, showy-flowered shrubs of the genus Rosa.)

I chose Rose for my18th letter of the alphabet (yes I know it says #17 up top but I used both A and B in my first A-Z post) because it is a flower that everyone loves.  We have had some splendid roses over the years but they became too much work for us and now I have my 3 pots of chameleon roses on the front porch.  They are so delightful the way they change colour and I am now content just to care for them and enjoy their beauty.

I feel there no is need to write anything further on this subject as we all love roses and know lots about them.  I will therefore share with you some beautiful pictures of truly magnificent flowers ending, of course, with my favourite colour of yellow and a wee message as well:







3 comments:

  1. Roses are glorious things...just don't bring them in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roses are indeed a joy and a delight - thank you for a serene and beautiful R post. I am still lusting after a chameleon rose. This spring perhaps.
    (And I am wondering why Delores can't have them in her house. Allergies?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the look of that rose covered fence, I would love to have one of those. Sadly, I don't have a fence. But I do have roses, not mine, they were already in the garden when I moved here and it's a communal garden, but I enjoy them just the same.

    ReplyDelete