Monday, September 24, 2012

SADNESS TODAY FOR SOMETHING LOST TO ME

Today is my son's 55th birthday.  I sent him a nice birthday card but whether he will bother even opening it is difficult to say.  Someone said recently it's possible when he receives anything in the mail from me it may go straight into the bin.  I can only hope he does open the card as MOH and I wish him nothing but good on his birthday.

It is now nearly 11 years since my son ceased having anything contact with me, his step-father, his sister and her family, or his own father.  His reason(s)?  Unknown to any of us.  There was much sadness for a time but so much time has passed that one has to move on although there will always be regret that this has happened.  We all feel in many says his choice is his loss but obviously that is not the ways he feels about us.

There are many dysfunctional families in the world and ours is obviously one of them.  I am always ever grateful that my lovely daughter and her hubby are so much part of my life and although I don't see my grandchildren as much as I'd like, I love them all and my 3 great-granddaughters are extra special to me as well.


Taken in 1986 in much happier times.  My son with his daughter (my granddaughter whom I've not seen since 2001) and myself at their home in Samson.

Once again, I send my love and all good wishes to my son.  He is fortunate in having a lovely wife, two successful children and a beautiful home.  I wish him success in his future years.

4 comments:

  1. I feel for you in your loss. My mother told us that her only sibling had died of cancer - neglected even though he was a doctor. Some years after my mother's death one of my brothers started exploring the family tree. Not only had my mother predeceased her brother, we had cousins. Cousins we never knew existed. They have no idea what the reason for the split was either. It will remain a mystery.
    I do hope that your son does make contact again. Sending many good wishes your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words and good wishes. When I was a youngster the only family I had were my adopted parents and an adopted half-brother all of whom had emigrated from the UK, so no other family whatsoever. My family grew when my half-brother married and he and his wife had two daughters. It grew more when I married and had two children. 6 grandchildren and 3 great-grandchildren. This is still not what one call a large family and to lose 4 members of it through the sheer stupidity of one is so ridiculous and so sad as well. Perhaps one day the wrong will be righted but I very much doubt it.

      Delete
  2. Such a sad post......thinking of you..xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks FW...I had missed your comment but it was so nice of you to be so kind. xx

    ReplyDelete