Sunday, September 16, 2012

45 YEARS MARRIED TODAY AND I LOVE HIM STILL

Today MOH and I have been married for 45 years.  I thought we'd decided against cards or gifts but this morning he presented me with the most beautiful card (I am sure I'm not as good a wife as the description in the card says!!) and these lovely flowers in my favourite colour.  I tried several times to take photos of the flowers but this morning I am still a wee bit unsteady after another couple of hours of dizziness last night.  I was so thankful that I had medication given to me at the hospital last Monday as after a few hours I felt much better and this time with no nausea thank goodness.

It may seem strange to mention our anniversary and my unwellness in the same paragraph but it gives me the opportunity to say how caring MOH is and how wonderfully well he looks after me.  I know it upsets him terribly when things go wrong with me (as it does with me when he is ill) but I seem to be having these problems frequently of late and he is always there for me.  He is not used to 'nursing' people but he does his very best and it is just knowing he cares so much that is the best medicine for me.

The past 45 years have been happy ones although, as with most good marriages, there have been the odd downs as we are both only human.  The up times though have been much more plentiful.  We have a lot in common and seem to understand quite often what the other is thinking without having to say too much.  We don't have a lot of money, just a couple of old age pensioners but our fortune lies in having each other.  We both hate the thought of spending time without each other so fingers crossed we still have some years left to be together.


11 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary Mimsie, may there be many more xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary, sorry with all that has been going on the date slipped my mind. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks love. No problems. You've had many other things to worry about this week and I can only hope it is all sorting itself out and you will soon be able to put all the nastiness behind you. We can but keep out fingers crossed that some of the items may be recovered. Stranger things do happen. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Mimsie! It's a wonderful thing a marriage filled with love, caring, kindness and a genuine liking of each other. I hope for it with my own...here's to 45 more! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Baby Mac.....I am sure you'll make 45 years without a problem as you have such a sparkling personality you fill life with happiness. xx

      Delete
  5. Happy anniversary. I love that you know what each other is thinking, and even more that you are there for each other.
    And the flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. The flowers are beautiful, just not the photography!!

      Delete
  6. 45 years is incredible. A belated congratulations and wishes for many more happy years to you and your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Kam for your good wishes. We're banking on at least a few years left for us to enjoy together. x

    ReplyDelete