Tuesday, May 14, 2013

MY PRIZE FROM DELORES HAS ARRIVED!!

You may remember that Delores from Feathered Nest asked people to suggest words for her X of the A-Z Challenge where she had decided that the theme would be aging.  I suggested a word that may be suitable could be 'xeroderma' as older people do suffer from dry skin.

To my surprise and delight my guess was correct and Delores then said that my prize was on its way but it could take a while to arrive.  That was on 27 April and two days later she emailed me to say the gift was in the mail.  I promised I would tell everyone when the package arrived and of course what it contained.

Today it arrived and it was:


A beautiful note book with of course a feather on the front.  Delores' enclosed note said I should fill the pages with magic, mystery and memories.  I will do my best but this mundane life of mine doesn't hold a lot of excitement, except of course when I receive a surprise package from overseas.

Also there was a 'seven year pen', a pencil complete with eraser on the end and some beautiful seals with pictures of magnolias on them.

Many thanks Delores for this great selection of goodies.  I will treasure them and perhaps next year another Aussie may keep up the tradition of being the winner of this category.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations Mimsie that Delores is a sweetheart. I am sure your imagination can take you to places of wonder, I am sure. B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Buttons, she surely is. I will have to let my imagination run free and see what it can come up with. x

      Delete
  2. I am shocked beyond belief that it has arrived already......the last time I mailed to Australia I thought it was NEVER going to get there. I'm glad you enjoyed those Canadian stamps BUT if you are anything like me, that seven year pen will likely not live up to its promise lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does have an airmail sticker on it Delores and I fear the postage may have been a tad expensive and that is why it arrived as early as it did. I appreciate everything you sent. I don't do a lot of writing by hand these days (arthritis) so there's a good chance that 7 year pen will last me very well. Thanks again.

      Delete
  3. How wonderful. And yes, Delores' last package to Oz (also a treat) took more than FOUR MONTHS to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was delighted it arrived so quickly too. No way should anything take 4 months to arrive anywhere in the world in this modern age. Now I am wondering if it was yourself that won the prize last year. Do tell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guilty as charged. And I still use and enjoy a truly wonderful Delores sent to me.

      Delete
    2. Just had a feeling it may have been you and I am so glad it was.

      Delete