Saturday, October 27, 2012

THE WISDOM FOUND IN MY KITCHEN

I am sure many people today have magnets on their fridge or plaques on their walls and I am no exception or am I just hanging on to things we did in the past?  Anyway today I decided I should remove the magnets so I could clean the fridge door properly and I was amused and quite delighted by some of the sayings on them.  I thought I'd share a few words of wisdom with you:

"When everything is upside down, rest if you must but don't quit."  (Never give up)

"Cultivate your sense of humour.  Laughter hides in strange places."  (It surely does)

"Before you borrow money from a friend, decide which you need more."  (Great advice there)

"You have achieved success if you have lived well, laughed often, and loved much."  (Oh, yes!!)

"A true friend is the greatest of all blessings."   (I am fortunate to have had some wonderful friends)

These are probably more about me:

"I may not always be perfect, but  I'm always me."  (at least I always try to be me)

"I thrive on chaos."  ( You will never know how true that is.)

"This is a self-cleaning kitchen.  You eat...you clean."  (Wish that were always true)

These next two were given me by a dear friend who has since left this mortal coil.  I think they are self-explanatory, especially the first one:

"You'll always be my friend - you know too much."  (Yes we did confide a lot in each other)

"Annoying the cook will result in smaller portions."  (That is actually a small mirror with the words written on it.  I think my friend bought it at a Paddy's Market on her way to visit me one day.)

This final one is on a plaque and is something my other half and I try to live by every day if we possibly can:

To be in love is to help out and share;
To listen and care;
To give and receive;
To trust.....and believe that the someone you love, loves you.



5 comments:

  1. We have far too many fridge magnets. Some of the ones I like best:

    The only self cleaning item in this house is the cat; (true)

    The only normal people are those you don't know very well (also true); and

    If you have a garden and a library you have all you need (attributed to Cicero, and close to the mark for me).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS: How very rude of me. I should have started by telling you how much I love your magnets and plaques. (True.)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for your second comment and no offence taken. I think your magnet sayings are brilliant. I wish our cat was really self-cleaning. Sure she washes but as she sheds volumes of hair each spring we are constantly picking up lumps of hair and the dust in our place (on electric fans etc) is mainly comprised of fine hairy sort of dust bunnies. We still love her even though MOH has to clean the aircon filter more than he really wants too. It also gets its share of cat fluff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one that says "I'm not fat, just too short for my weight" and another says, "I'm only here until I win the Lottery". I used to have dozens, but I put them all in a bag for Goodwill when I moved here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been thinking of removing most of mine or perhaps putting the really good ones on the side of the fridge that is readily visible. Some seem just too good not to keep. :)

    ReplyDelete