Monday, May 12, 2014

MONDAY MURMURINGS

Actually I'm not murmuring about anything today....just murmured out for now with all that's been going on and more to come.  Hopefully carpet problem has been solved.  I had to ring GIO and check it out with them.  I think I've sorted out the confusion and am looking forward to hearing from local firm Choices sometime this week to say their head office has told them to go ahead with the work.  It will mean more upheaval of course but will be great to have it over and done with. 

I hope all mums had a great mother's day yesterday.  I know I did.  Karen and her hubby came here for afternoon tea and I received a frangipani and a lovely card from them.  Phil also gave me a frangipani so now I have three of them.  Karen has lots of them and I decided they were one plant you don't have to do a lot to keep them happy so look forward to some lovely blooms next season and all different as well.   These new plants both have a pink tinge and the one I have now is the standard white/yellow one.

More medical stuff ahead....dentist for both of us this afternoon, doctor for me tomorrow to have my B12 injection and off to SKG for Phil tomorrow to have liver ultrasound to make sure whatever it was showed on his CT scan is nothing to worry about.  Better sure than sorry.

After that, once the carpet is done and dusted, perhaps we can look forward to more peaceful days.  Younger folk probably wonder why I seek peaceful days and it is difficult to explain.  Small tasks that I once took for granted now take so much longer to perform so when all these extra 'things' come along I feel crowded if that makes sense.  Not enough time to be properly organised but I guess in the end we'll get there....we usually do, eventually.

Have a great week everyone and thanks, once again, for bearing with me when I have a bit of a moan.  Normally, I'm a rather cheerful soul but sometimes events catch up with me and then I just have to have a grizzle.




8 comments:

  1. Feel free to have a grizzle, better out than in, hope your carpeting goes smoothly xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rae..hopefully it will soon all be done but not heard anything as yet. Sometimes the wheels grind very so slowly : )

      Delete
  2. I know exactly what you mean by feeling crowded, I have similar feelings when too many unexpected things happen in one week. Luckily not too often, but it takes a whole extra week of resting to get over it all. and I'm only 61. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, it is wonderful to find someone who understands my frailty, 'cos that's how I look on it and yet I know it's not really.
      If I have a 'big' day then the next day is a 'rest' day for sure : )

      Delete
  3. It takes me a whole week to get from one end of the house to the other and sometimes (read often) I don't make it. Throw in a few appointments and the whole process is off kilter. Seems like every year the medical type appointments increase (especially for the hubs) and since I'm the only driver now I spend more and more time in the car. Oh for a peaceful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another very understanding friend. It's poor old Phil who is my chauffeur these days so he would sympathise with you Delores although he never ever complains (or not to me).
      Ours is only a cottage so getting around is not so bad but it's when I get out into the garden that I am so slow and have to be so careful.
      Fingers crossed some peace in our lives again soon, even just a week would be nice with no appointments or commitments.

      Delete
  4. Hari OM
    That was murmur enough Mimsie, especially with your having to endure this process for rather longer than necessary. As others have said, I too understand that sensation of dragging oneself through a bath of treacle. The urge to press the 'STOP!' button comes over me at least twice a day.

    Luckily I am situated now that I can. Stop, that is. Here's to a better week coming your way. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yam. It's nice to know I'm not alone in at times thinking it would be great if time stood still for a while and I could let it all just wash over me without disturbing me.
      I am so glad you are now settled and feeling happy.
      Thanks for your good wishes. I am sure all will soon be well. xx

      Delete