Sunday, August 14, 2016

SOMETHING A LITTLE DIFFERENT

I was looking for cheerful little poems and I came across this one.  I just had to share it with you as this kitty reminded me so much of our Precious when she was little.  She too was very timid and would vanish if anyone other than Phil or myself was in the house.  I hope you will enjoy this poem with me today and I know many of you will understand the sentiment contained in it and how it relates to Precious.  It is 2 years now since she left this mortal coil and although Candy has filled our lives with so much happiness, Precious is still very much missed.


12 comments:

  1. We always miss them don't we?
    Jazz n Jewel don't like visitors either. Any visitors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some furry pets that live on in our hearts forever. Others not quite so much.
      Cats are all so different. The sound of footsteps on the front verandah and Precious was off under the bed. Candy hears a car door or footsteps and she wants to find out who it is.

      Delete
  2. There is always that 'spot' ...
    (no other creature can fill )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There certainly is and they fill it so well don't they?

      Delete
  3. .. beautiful poem ... I love cats, they are so full of personality.. xxx
    ...Barb xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I and each one is totally different which makes it even more exciting. xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I thought so too. It's not often one finds words that can describe one's own thoughts. xx

      Delete
  5. Each kitty is different. I miss mine that have passed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very different and they remain with us always.

      Delete
  6. A lovely little poem with a cute picture. Angel isn't timid, but does run away from the door if people come up my pathway. If it is someone he doesn't like he'll stay hidden, but he comes out for pats if he recognises the voice as someone he likes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It grabbed me and so much like Precious too.
      Precious never accepted anyone even if she knew them but would stay in the room if K was here.
      Candy is just the opposite and likes to suss out anyone who comes in here.

      Delete