Tuesday, December 11, 2018

TRYING TO KEEP UP

Well Phil's cataract op went exceedingly well, so well in fact that he now wishes he had had the same surgeon and was in the same hospital with his first cataract op which was somewhat of a disaster.

We began all those drops I mentioned 3 days before the op and have to continue with one of them for another week and the other 2 until Phil sees his surgeon on 17th January.

Phil had been told to have the right lens of his multi-focal glasses removed and he did that today and is seeing remarkably well with just the lens on the left.  Makes us wonder if the first cataract op was perhaps not as good as it could have been although his left eye has always been worse than the right one.  He may even be fortunate not to have to wear glasses all the time although I think his driver's licence shows him having to wear glasses when driving.

What with these drops 4 times a day plus a drop in each eye once a day for his glaucoma and 3 meals a day and trying to just be up and about I haven't really had time to give to blogging and must apologise for not visiting the blogs I really enjoy.  Just not feeling mentally strong enough to take everything in as I should and give them justice.

Leaves are finally growing well on my frangipanis and there are buds aplenty too but they are so slow compared to Karen's who are already flowering.  Maybe it's cos we are only a couple of miles from the coast whereas Karen lives about 20 miles or more inland.  My lovely chameleon roses are still flowering and the one I thought had died does have leaves but not sure if they would off the root stock.   Time alone will tell and with all the business going on of late I've not had the heart to ask Phil to pop out and buy me a couple more roses.  

It is only 14 days till Christmas and for some reason I can't feel at all Christmassy.  Of course C and M and the two little girls will be in America for Christmas and I think it is the children that make Christmas more exciting.   We have decided to still do Secret Santa and Phil and I both are putting on our thinking caps as Karen needs our lists by tonight.  Phil I know wants a book voucher so that will take care of half his list and I may ask for a Bunnings voucher and a few little things to complete the list.  When one gets to our age one doesn't really need anything new and yet it's great having a couple of little parcels to open on the day itself.

Our summer has arrived and although today is only forecast to be about 25C (77F) Friday is heading up to 38C (100.4F) with several days in the low 30s to follow.   None of this is yours truly looking forward to one little bit but when you reach my age one should not be wishing one's life away longing for winter.



Hopefully when Christmas and New Year are long gone and the drops are back to one in each eye at night for Phil I will come back down to earth and be able to think more clearly.  Cheers for now and will try and think up more pretty tunes for Tuesdays just to keep in the loop.

4 comments:

  1. Hari om
    don't worry Mims, I had my own whinge about the sudden onset of festive effects and me not being in the least bit ready for it... I swear some one has overwound the clockworkings somewhere!!! Glad the eye op has shown such promise and I hope for you that there are not too many melting days! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christmas really did sneak up on me this year and I am positive someone out there somewhere has definitely overwound the clockworkings as time is so rapidly disappearing.
      Phil is still delighted with the eye op result and altho' the boffins have forecast a hot summer for all of Oz we can only hope.
      Keep well xx

      Delete
  2. I am thrilled that Phil's operation went so well. They really have done some amazing things in that field.
    Sigh on the heat. I hope your days aren't too vile and will be watching your temperatures.
    And no, not welcoming Christmas here either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Medical science of all types is steamrolling ahead these days and the cataract procedure has changed in just the few years since I had mine.
      I don' for one minute like those people forecasting a very hot summer and can only hope they are wrong and, if not, that our aircon keeps working as it is now.
      Perhaps we should abolish al the Christmassy stuff and just celebrate quietly the birth of a man whom I believe was a good man and did his best to teach people to love one another.

      Delete