Sunday, March 20, 2016

SOMETHING RATHER DIFFERENT NO 5

This is a quite simple little poem but there is a lot of truth in it.  I guess it depends on how we see things and we do all see things differently to one another.

BOATS SAIL ON THE RIVERS by Christina Rossetti

Boats sail on the rivers,
And ships sail on the seas;
But clouds that sail across the sky
Are prettier far than these.






There are bridges on the rivers,
As pretty as you please;
But the bow that bridges heaven,
And overtops the trees,
And builds a road from earth to sky
Is prettier far than these.


9 comments:

  1. I certainly wouldn't argue with her. I believe she suffered badly from depression and hope she found relief in the wonders of nature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find consolation in nature at times....the flowers, trees, birds etc. All so beautiful.

      Delete
  2. It's a sweet little poem, but I can't say I agree with "prettier by far.." I think they're all about equal. Stone bridges, rainbow bridges; ships and clouds sailing along. They're all equally beautiful to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not my words but I thought the poem rather lovely. I too find beauty in so many things, especially those that nature provides.

      Delete
  3. Hari OM
    ...eye of the beholder - though I know nobody who would call a rainbow other than a thing of beauty, I am with River insomuch as beauty exists in all things equally - if we know how to see... which is pretty much what you said, but differently - and there's beauty at work! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ps - 'rajma' simply means beans, hence the recipe is the item, as it were~! Yx

      Delete
    2. Definitely in the eye of.....and once again, one must take time to enjoy the beauty around us.
      Thanks also re rajma....I thought that was it but had to ask in case. Must try the recipe as soon as we have cooler weather. xx

      Delete
  4. Those are really beautiful pictures. The rainbow one is simply magestic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find so many wonderful pictures on Google. I loved the rainbow too.

      Delete