I pottered around in the kitchen for a while and then I thought I'd wander out to my workroom and see what I may find of interest if I logged on to Facebook. I'd hardly sat myself down when I felt something on my back (I was wearing a sunfrock you see). I shrugged my shoulders as I couldn't reach what it was and I felt a slight sting. I immediately got up (I don't leap up these days) and there sitting on the back of my chair was a paper wasp. It flew away and I couldn't find it anywhere. My back began an annoying itch so I knew for sure it had 'got me'. I am more allergic to bees than paper wasps which is fortunate as I was on my own so, apart from a mild shock at having been stung, I was OK.
We have actually had two paper wasps inside in the past couple of days and I am wondering where they are coming from. Candy brings in all types of small lizards and actually brought in a cricket yesterday but I doubt she would be able to pick up a wasp without herself being stung.
We couldn't get to the chemist without the car but Phil was picked up at 3 p.m. to collect the car and, on his way home, he popped into our chemist and bought some antiseptic cream which was suitable for stings. He covered the area well and it has taken about 2 hours to feel much relief but I can thankfully say that the itch has decreased a lot and I think another application after my shower will make me feel even more comfortable.