Sunday, June 23, 2013

THERE IS A SUPERMOON ABOVE AUSTRALIA TONIGHT

A supermoon will be visible above Australia tonight, which will create an impressive view in the early evening sky and bring with it a king tide.  The moon will appear bigger and bolder than usual as it passes closer to the Earth just in time for a full moon.


I have kept occasionally peering up at the eastern sky but it has been very cloudy so just a warm glow showing through.  I just went out and checked and the skies have cleared but of course the moon is up higher in the sky now so disappointing we didn't see it as it rose as it would have been so much larger.  I didn't take this photo but it would be pretty much as we saw the moon just a few moments ago.  Still quite a magnificent sight.

I hope others in Australia were able to see this supermoon as it rose this evening in your skies.




10 comments:

  1. Oh Mimsie I looked and I looked but with it raining here I did not get to see it I was so disappointed. Thank you for showing it to me.:) Hug B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here when it rose but at least we saw it when it was higher in the sky. Wonder if it will be as spectacular tonight (if it's not cloudy again)?

      Delete
  2. Rats.....I forgot all about it. Too pooped from playing with the grands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think playing with the grandies better even than a supermoon. The moon is there to stay but kiddies grow up so quickly that you need to enjoy them while they are young.

      Delete
  3. We went out, hoping, but too much cloud. Which is a shame - but the gentle rain is bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were in and out as well but just a glow through the clouds and then when the clouds cleared it was well up in the sky but still beautiful. I love our moon. We too need the rain so worth missing moonrise for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came home from the movies at 10pm last night, and even though it was cloudy the sky looked as though it was lit up with floodlights. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That would have been beautiful to see. Was one very special moon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went out and looked but all I saw was clouds and street lights.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Much like that here for us as well although when the clouds cleared an hour or so later there was a very beautiful moon up there.

    ReplyDelete